If you are feeling down, read. (Covid-19)
Just remember one thing always, You are not alone. There are many out there who are going through something of the similar sort and if they can do it, so can you. 🙂
Key is confidence and faith. Okay?
The world is struggling with the Covid-19 pandemic and it is surely a challenging time for each and every one of us. Lockdown has got many people feeling lonely, bored, trapped and frustrated but we must not forget that this is important for the sake of humanity. Don’t worry everything will become normal soon.
I am here to tell you all about the two sides of the present situation.
Covid-19, my take.
- Death: Coronavirus till date has taken over 89,000 lives (stats as of 9-Apr-20). Perhaps one of the worst pandemics in the history of mankind, Coronavirus is a challenge which we must all face together. My prayers go out to the families of those who lost someone due to this pandemic and I pray for the peace of the departed souls. Humanity is challenged time and again by Nature and this is also one of those times. Stay strong and safe, this is no Joke.
- Disruption of daily life: Every sector has been hit badly. Poor, Middle class, Rich no one is untouched by the affects of this virus. Earth has come to a standstill and it has taken a detrimental toll especially on the lives of the poor ones. People who earn on a daily basis are struggling to meet ends. Don’t just pray for them, for all those who are fortunate enough to read this and are lucky to have food on their tables, please take a piece from your meal and share with the less fortunate ones. Hard times is when care and love are required the most. Let’s stand together.
- Distance between family members and friends: Many of us are stuck at places far away from our home and friends. I know you are missing them a lot and are concerned about them as well. Just remember, your well being is all that you can do right now and by making sure you are okay you can give them the strength to continue with their fight against Covid-19. We have this wonderful tool at our disposal, Internet. Talk to your loved ones via Video call, show them your smiling face. Trust me, it will help a lot. Stay indoors.
There are many downfalls of Covid-19 but the above 3 are the worst ones I can see. To all the bad situations there is a single solution: While the brave ones like Doctors, Nurses, Hospital staff, Cleaners, and all those who are putting their lives on the line and working so that we can stay safe, thank them every day and respect their sacrifice by doing your only duty of staying indoor as much as possible. Times are tough and we need to be tough as well.
Even in the darkest hours there is some light present. Similarly if you look at this situation from a different angle you will see the following,
- Introspection: As the world has come to a halt for most of us, we have plenty of time to introspect. Yes, lockdown is tough but then again you now have a lot you can learn about yourself. They say it’s difficult to write and describe self. Let’s make that notion false. Dive deep within yourselves, find out your dreams, desires, goals, happiness, hobbies and pursue them as much as you can keeping in mind everything. Once you become free to move around, run with your goals and hobbies and make the world and yourself better. Learn about self.
- Investing in relations and not money: Pick up that phone or start typing that mail or drop a text to a friend, family member, old forgotten friend, boyfriend, girlfriend with whom you were not on so much good terms lately. Talk things out, teach the younger ones, spend time with the elders and let them know that you are still the same and that relations are stronger than ever. Spread love and spend time with the loved ones.
- Improvement in Physical & Mental health: Charity begins at home. In order to be fully prepared against Covid-19, let us make sure our physical and mental health is in top notch condition. Eat healthy, work out more, think healthy and make yourself fitter and better every day. Defence is the best offence.
Please take care of yourself and the people around you. Forget your limitations to relations and identify yourself with the real relation: Humanity. This is a tough time for mother Earth and while she is healing, let us come together and play our part in the fight against Covid-19. Stay safe.
Hoping you all are well.
Lots of Love and Care,
The Poet and the Pen.